Re: [ot] SPAM/Worm problem

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: Re: [ot] SPAM/Worm problem
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:04:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Erik Sandberg wrote:

> > * I just received a Bagle.C message apparently from me (well, from my
> > address@hidden self) on the closed-post development list.  This happened
> > despite the fact that the list is closed-for-posting and I work on an
> > UltraSPARC machine where Microsoft software does not run.
>
> That's weird.. you mean that you were not infected by that worm?
> Then, where did those messages come from?

I'm getting a number of "Your message to Info-lilypond awaits moderator
approval" messages that make it look like I'm sending some of this crap
to the lilypond lists.  I'm not.  I'm running a Linux system and it is
quite secure.  I wish there were a way of finding out who is responsible
for this and asking them to disinfect their computer.

                                  Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!