Re: Output error

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Output error
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:37:54 +0100

How did you process the .ly file, did you just double-click on it
or did you run the lilypond command in the Cygwin window?

Note that you will not be able to view the .dvi files using YAP.
We abandoned connecting LilyPond with MikTeX several years ago
since it caused too much trouble, now we use a separate TeX installation
in Cygwin instead. This means that you should try to view the resulting
.ps or .pdf files instead.
The error message that ps2pdf failed may indicate that you have not
installed the ghostscript package in cygwin. It should be installed by
default as soon as you install LilyPond, but you could try to rerun
setup.exe once more and make sure that the ghostscript package is
selected for installation.
If that doesn't help, please follow the instructions at
http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html on how to obtain a
more informative bug report.

  /Mats

Claudia Groiss wrote:
Dear listmembers,

I installed Lilypond yesterday for the first time and ran into an error, for which I found no solution in the archives.

My system is Windows2000(SP4), the most recent Cygwin, teTex, etc. and Lilypond 2.0.1 (MikTex is installed in a different folder).

The error: the ly.-files don't compile properly, as reported by the logfile:

lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.0.1

Running usr...

Now processing: `buergerlied.ly'

Parsing...

Interpreting music...[5]

Preprocessing graphical objects...

Calculating line breaks... warning: can't find ascii character: 252

[3][5]

paper output to `buergerlied.tex'...

writing header field `title' to `buergerlied.title'...

writing header field `composer' to `buergerlied.composer'...

Analyzing buergerlied.tex...

Running latex...

Running dvips...

Running ps2pdf...lilypond: error: `ps2pdf' failed (status 128)

lilypond: error: The error log is as follows:

/cygdrive/c/DOKUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOKALE~1/Temp/tmpJvix-Ypsxpdf.errorloglilypond: warning: Failed to make PS file. Rerun with --verbose for a trace.

DVI output to `buergerlied.dvi'...

The error logs in the TEMP directory, to which the logfile refers me, are empty, however.

When I checked the .dvi-file with the YAP viewer I got the message:

Cannot open PS header file "music-drawing-routines.ps". Afterwards the sheet appeared, but the noteheads were replaced by strange characters like question marks.

I admit that I am rather at a loss. I suspect that the error is the result of a font problem, but since I am not sure about how to procees, I would be grateful for any hint.

Thank you in advance.

Claudia

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing