heiße n Was: Re: ess-tset again

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: heiße n Was: Re: ess-tset again
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:06:51 +0100

Hello list, hello /Oddmund,

You wrote:

> I have just completed some songs for a German composer, and he sais
> that ess-tset (ß) shall be broken s-s ("heis-sen").

AFAIK this is correct, but only for songs. In this case I do the same.
(In songs it is no linebreak, but each syllable is fixed to each note.)

But I don't know, in which way it is handled in the so called "neue
Rechtschreibung" (what does it mean in English, I don't know ...?)

Greetings               Roland