lyrics distance from staff

From: David Bobroff
Subject: lyrics distance from staff
Date: 03 Mar 2004 20:01:32 +0000

I'd like to move some lyrics much closer to the staff than they are
now.  I've searched a number of times looking for a clue.  I finally
found something in one of the examples which involves \translator and
\LyricsContext.  I could see that it was functioning by placing huge
values in minimumVerticalExtent to see which way it would move the
lyrics.  I could set them further from the staff above (or below) but I
could not get them any closer to the staff above.  Currently the tops of
capital letters are about a staff width from the bottom of the staff.  I
want them rather close.  Maybe with the tops of the capitals set even
with the first ledger line below the staff.

-David