percussion

From: David Bobroff
Subject: percussion
Date: 06 Mar 2004 20:41:30 +0000

I'm trying to understand percussion.  I found the example in the manual
for defining your own drum list, but I'm not sure it tells me everything
I need to know.  For example, I need to accomodate five temple blocks
and four congas.  In the manuscript the temple blocks are always on the
staff lines, and the congas are always in the spaces.

I tried using this example from the manual as a template:

     #(define mydrums '(
             (bassdrum     default   #f        -1)
             (snare        default   #f        0)
             (hihat        cross     #f        1)
             (pedalhihat   xcircle   "stopped" 2)
             (lowtom          diamond   #f       3)
     ))

As long as I was just altering values in the right column I was fine.
When I tried to put in new names that would be useful to me I ran into
trouble.  It seems these things are predefined (in drumpitch-init.ly?).
Since I need four congas and five temple blocks, how do I go about this?

-David