Re: french documentation

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: french documentation
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:17:21 +0100

I recommend that you actually start using a program before you
send an offer like this.
One of the first things you will discover about LilyPond is that
there are no menus to translate, actually there is no graphical
user interface at all. On the other hand, if you have set the
locale correctly, you will notice that all the printouts from the
lilypond command will be in french. For the users manual, it would
of course be nice with a french translation, but I can warn you that
LilyPond is a program that is still evolving quickly so you have to
be prepared to spend lots of time to maintain and update the manual
for every new release.

  /Mats

LEGRAND Jean-Marc wrote:
Hi!

I've just begun to work on a LINUX station (Mdk9.2), and I'm very
interested in musical software (I used to work on Encore or Fianle 2003).
I'm just wondering if a french translation of your software is available or
not. In the negative, I'd like to participate to a translation into french
(documentation, menus, ...). Would you be OK for that, and what do I have
to do for it ?

Thanks for your answer !

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing