Re: Tempo changes for MIDI output.

From: Warren Stickney
Subject: Re: Tempo changes for MIDI output.
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:12:02 +1300

Matthias,

You can specify two \score blocks, one for the paper output and the other
for the midi.

I do this often since I do not want the standard tempo markings on my paper
output, but do want the tempo changes in my midi.  Here for my paper output
I use as an alternative markup text to show, for example, minim = dotted
minim across the tempo change bar.  I use notehead/stem/dot glyph form for
the minim and dotted minim.

So I use two global definitions, one which has the skips, and common
elements such as time signature changes as required for the paper ouput, and
one with the skips and tempo changes for the midi.

For example:

\score { \notes \transpose c c
         \context ChoirStaff = All <<
           \Soprano      % these have earlier been combined with my
\globalpaper
           \Alto
           \Tenor
           \Bass