Re: Point-and-click in emacs won't jump to column

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Point-and-click in emacs won't jump to column
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:48:15 +0100

MC writes:

> After a bit of a steep learning curve (getting to
> grips with Linux, emacs and Lilypond all at once...)

Wow, that sounds like quite an effort you made.  Maybe you can share
some of your experiences for other new users?  Things you could not
find in the documentation, perhaps?

> I've almost got the point-and-click thing working in
> emacs.
[..]
> I've followed the instructions in the manual by
> putting:

It works for me (TM).  You should investigate which step fails, set

    export XEDITOR='echo emacsclient --no-wait +%l:%c %f'

run xdvi and shift-click.  Over here, it echoes

    emacsclient --no-wait +5:8 /var/fred/cvs/savannah/lilypond/lilypond/pc.ly

Then, just cut and paste  or type that command, and see what happens.

> PS I'm blown away by the quality of lilypond output  -
> my students all seem very happy not to be reading my
> handwritten music any more :-)

Thanks!
Jan.