Re: possible slowness in message delivery

From: David R. Linn
Subject: Re: possible slowness in message delivery
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:14:05 -0600 (CST)

>> I hope that (the project leaders and) you find a way to make your SPAM
>> dragnet more porous for legitimate users.  What measures can be taken
>> from the user's end to run your gaunlet more quickly?

I guess I wasn't clear.  I was simply pointing out that there might
be an additional moderation delay, over and above whatever delay the
mail system might already impose.  The GNU mail server is currently
run about 50 hours behind, which is better than the 100 or so hours
of delay just a couple of days ago.  This is *not* the moderation
delay - this is delay caused by the server being overwhelmed.

Moderation delays should be no more than a few hours during the
UTC-6 work day upto no more than couple of days over the weekend
*and* will *only* apply to messages that trigger the anti-spam
filters.

         David