Re: lyrics distance again

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: lyrics distance again
Date: 16 Mar 2004 09:07:15 +0000

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 01:16, Rob V wrote:
> David,
>
> I tested your code with Bert's suggestions about the minimum vertical extent.
>  I was curious about this myself.  I think this might be what you want.
>

> cue = \set fontSize = #-5
> part = \set fontSize = #0
>
> VoxCues = \notes \context Voice \relative c' {
>     <<
>         {
>             <<
>                 \context Voice = "VoxCue" {
>                     \cue
>                     \override Stem #'length = #5
>                     \clef F
>                     \autoBeamOff
>                     d4 a8 c8. a16 fis8
>                     r4 r8 fis dis b
>                     \autoBeamOn
>                     \revert Stem #'length
>                     \part
>                 }
>                 \lyricsto "VoxCue" \new Lyrics {\override LyricText
> #'font-size = #-2
> \lyrics {
>                     Hun- ding w\"ah- le sich, wem er ge- }
>                                            }
>             >>
>         }
>         \\
>         {
>             R2.*2
>         }
>     >>
> }
>
> instrument = \notes \context Voice \relative c' {
>     s2.*2
>     \clef G
>      f4.-(-\p-\< b,4-\!-\> c8-)-\!
> }
>
> \score {
>     \notes \relative c' {
>         \time 6/8
>
> %%%%%  This is what I added  %%%%%%%
>
> \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = ##f
> \set Staff.verticalExtent = #'(-2 . 0)
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
>         <<
>             \VoxCues
>             \instrument
>         >>
>  }
>     \paper { }
> }

Thanks, this works --- mostly.  I had to replace the zero with a
positive number to keep the systems from crowding each other but the
lyrics are nice and close to the staff now.  Actually, I'm using -1.5
instead of -2.  There is an anomoly, though.  There is a snippet of
lyrics which did not move up close to the bottom of the staff.  I'll see
if I can figure out why, or send an isolated example.

-David