Re: I'm Stumped

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: I'm Stumped
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:42:33 +0100

Lyle Raymond wrote:
On Monday 15 March 2004 6:02 am, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

3.  How can I include a transposed series of lead sheet chords above the
second of the two staves?

\transpose should work well also on chords.

Actually, it's not the transposition I'm looking to do. It's the actual placement of chords. I don't know where to put the code without messing up the score. I'm guessing the answer you've given to the next question might help me with this issue, though.

The different contexts of a LilyPond score are typeset in the order
that you first mention them in \score{...}.

If you, for example, start from the melody-chords.ly template at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/input/template/out-www/collated-files.html
and replace the \score section with
\score {
  \notes <<
    \new ChordNames {
        \property ChordNames.chordChanges = ##t
        \harmonies
    }
    \new Staff \melody
    \new ChordNames {
        \property ChordNames.chordChanges = ##t
        \harmonies
    }
    \new Staff \melody

  \paper{ }
  \midi{ }
}
you will get a mixture of staves and chords.

   /Mats