Re: Properties & Translators

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Properties & Translators
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:08:16 +0100

The best starting point is the Tutorial sections on Setting Variables
and Fine Tuning Layout. Then you can go on to the descriptions in
the user manual. All properties are documented in "Program Reference",
but it's often easiest to find the relevant list of properties if you
follow the links under "See also" in every section of the user manual.

I tried to write an alternative introduction to property settings in
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-10/msg00195.html
maybe that can provide some more help.

Finally, don't forget to look at the "Tips and tricks" and
"Regression tests" documents in the on-line manual. They are
often the best source of information for how to use a specific
feature.

   /Mats

Zbynìk Burget wrote:
Hi,
I was red lilypond manual (info lilypond and lilypond-internals)...
... I wasn't understand functionality of translators. How is difference in
using \property [...] \set [...] or \translator [...]?
lilypond-internals is the only one place, where are described all
properties? Exist some another catalog of properties? lilypond-internals
look very unnoticed to me... :-(

Thanks

Zbynek

(lilypond 2.0.3)