Lilypond and other LaTeX distribution on Win32

From: Christian Datzko
Subject: Lilypond and other LaTeX distribution on Win32
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:37:05 +0100

Whoever this reads,

I want to use Lilypond to include some music notes into my examination paper. Until now I used MiKTeX and want to continue to do so. I mailed with someone who wrote this:

All that lilypond-book does is go through your input file and run LilyPond
on the musical bits in the file and creates a new *.tex (or maybe *.latex)
file for you to run.  I think that it simply replaces the LilyPond code
with TeX/LaTeX code which produces the printed music.  I would think that
you could then use whatever non-standard package to handle the rest of the
typesetting.

...I thought the same thing, but instead it gives me this output:

$ lilypond-book -V examen.lytex
lilypond-book (GNU LilyPond) 2.0.1
Opening pipe `kpsexpand \$TEXMF'
Opening pipe `kpsewhich -expand-path=\$T1FONTS'
Reading `/home/Christian Datzko/Examensarbeit/examen.lytex'
Invoking `(( latex '\nonstopmode \input lily-tmp.tex' >&2 ) >&- )'This is TeXk,
 Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>
Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, n
ohyphenation, loaded.

(./lily-tmp.tex

! LaTeX Error: File `scrartcl.cls' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: cls)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.2 ^^M

No pages of output.
Transcript written on lily-tmp.log.
lilypond-book: warning: `latex' failed (status 1) (ignored)

lilypond-book: error: LaTeX failed.
lilypond-book: error: The error log is as follows:
This is TeXk, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5) (format=latex 2004.3.16) 17 MAR 200
4 16:56
 %&-line parsing enabled.
**\nonstopmode \input lily-tmp.tex
(./lily-tmp.tex

! LaTeX Error: File `scrartcl.cls' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: cls)
  ... (further messages elided)...

Christian address@hidden ~/Examensarbeit
$

He couldn't help anymore so he sent me here. It seems to try to start Latex by itself. Do you know if I can stop lilypond-book from doing so?

Christian.