Lilypond & Mac OS-X 10.3

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Lilypond & Mac OS-X 10.3
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:51:20 +0100

Hi guys,

I've been jealous for quite some time now, since you all seem to get Lilypond working in Mac OS-X. It's been driving me crazy, but I can't get it right...

I have Mac OS-X 10.3 (Panther), and I've installed the X11 that comes on the 3rd CD. Now, whenever I use fink from the command line, or with FinkCommander, fink tries to build Xfree86, which I shouldn't need. I've seen documentation that suggests that fink is able to find out if X11 is installed, and if it is, it doesn't reinstall it...

Here's the output of my latest fink attempt. Did I do something wrong, or is there something wrong with my fink? I answered No to the last question to avoid re-building X11...

Regards,

Christ van Willegen
----------------------
MACCW:/sw/bin root# ./fink --version
Package manager version: 0.16.2
Distribution version: 0.7.0.cvs

Copyright (c) 2001 Christoph Pfisterer
Copyright (c) 2001-2003 The Fink Package Manager Team

MACCW:/sw/bin root# ./fink install lilypond
Can't exec "/usr/bin/nm": No such file or directory at /sw/lib/perl5/Fink/VirtPackage.pm line 234.
Information about 2739 packages read in 2 seconds.

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      db42-shlibs: Shared Libraries for db42
(2)      db42-ssl-shlibs: Shared Libraries for db42-ssl

Pick one: [1]

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      python22: Interpreted, object-oriented language
(2)      python22-nox: Interpreted, object-oriented language

Pick one: [1] 2

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      tetex-base: Base programs for a teTeX installation
(2)      system-tetex: Placeholder package for manually installed teTeX
(3)      tetex-nox: Base programs for teTeX, with X11 disabled

Pick one: [1] 3

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      tetex-dev: Developer files for a teTeX installation
(2)      system-tetex: Placeholder package for manually installed teTeX

Pick one: [1] 1

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      ghostscript-nox: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF
(2)      ghostscript6-nox: Intrp. for PostScript/PDF, v6.01, no X11 support
(3) system-ghostscript: Placeholder package for manually installed ghostscript

Pick one: [1] 1

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      ghostscript: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF
(2)      ghostscript6: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF, v6.01
(3) system-ghostscript6: Placeholder package for manually installed ghostscript 6.01 (4) system-ghostscript8: Placeholder package for manually installed ghostscript 8.13

Pick one: [1] 1

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      ghostscript-fonts: Standard fonts for Ghostscript
(2) system-ghostscript: Placeholder package for manually installed ghostscript (3) system-ghostscript6: Placeholder package for manually installed ghostscript 6.01 (4) system-ghostscript8: Placeholder package for manually installed ghostscript 8.13

Pick one: [1] 1
The following package will be installed or updated:
 lilypond
The following 48 additional packages will be installed:
 db3 db3-shlibs db42 db42-shlibs expat expat-shlibs fink fink-mirrors flex
 gdbm gdbm-shlibs ghostscript ghostscript-fonts ghostscript-nox gmp
 gmp-shlibs guile16 guile16-dev guile16-libs guile16-shlibs libjpeg
 libjpeg-bin libjpeg-shlibs libpng3 libpng3-shlibs libwww libwww-bin
 libwww-shlibs ncurses ncurses-dev ncurses-shlibs python22-nox
 python22-nox-shlibs python22-socket-nox readline readline-shlibs t1lib1
t1lib1-shlibs tcltk tcltk-dev tcltk-shlibs tetex-dev tetex-nox tetex-shlibs
 tetex-texmf texinfo xfree86 xfree86-shlibs
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Failed: Dependencies not satisfied