Re: \acciaccatura creates nonsense

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: \acciaccatura creates nonsense
Date: 18 Mar 2004 21:38:27 +0000

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 20:02, Michael Kiermaier wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am at my first tries with lilypond, and it seems to be a wonderful program
> so far.
> But I have a weird problem that I am not able to solve.
>
> I simply copy my file into this mail. In the first bar the \acciaccatura
> command produces nonsense.
>
> It would be nice if someone could give me a hint how to fix this.

As a follow-up to my previous post, you can fix it with this:

lower = \new Voice \notes\relative f'' {
  \clef treble \key b \major \time 4/4
  <ges des b>2 <des b ges>2 | ....etc.

lower = \new Voice \notes\relative f'' {
  \clef treble \key b \major \time 4/4
  \grace s4                             %% this is the fix
  <ges des b>2 <des b ges>2 | ....etc.

The line \grace s4 puts a spacer in the lower staff to line up the
timings.

-David