Re: Chord Names set at different heights?

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Re: Chord Names set at different heights?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:57:07 -0600

On 3/18/04 11:23 AM, "Bertalan Fodor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think the question is to achieve something like this:

> C     F  -o- -o-  C
> ------------------------
> ----o-o--------------o--
> ------------------o-----
> o-o---------------------
> ------------------------
>
> If you have a high note (or some lyrics for only some notes above the staff)
> the whole line of chords is shifted up to be in one line, like this:
>
> C     F   G       C
>         hel-lo
>        -o- -o-
> ------------------------
> ----o-o--------------o--
> ------------------o-----
> o-o---------------------
> ------------------------

Actually, I want them all in a line like example 2. If the notes are above
the staff, more clearance is required so that the chord names do not collide
with the notes. To accomplish this it is necessary to increase the height of
the chord names. But if on another line the notes are not so high on the
staff, the higher chord names will look odd because now there is a lot of
clearance between the staff and the chord names.

C       F  G       C
          -o- -o-
---------------------------
------o-o------------------
------------------o-o------
--o-o----------------------
---------------------------

This is OK.

C       F  G       C

---------------------------

This looks odd.

My question is: is there a way so that the first example can get the extra
clearance needed but also can the chord names in the second example be set
lower or closer to the staff? I am assuming that both these settings are in
the same .ly file.

Walter Hofmeister