bugs.ly

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: bugs.ly
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:26:58 -0500

%{ bugs.ly
I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that I finally got this
to work.  These chords are really
beautiful, and something very bad is happening to them.

Apparently, the "piece" and "poet" have been reversed
for a long time for some reason.  How about fixing that?

This may be a useful template to some.

Timidity screens the lyrics as it goes, but there are no spaces
after words unless you put an underscore on the end of the
word.  Shouldn't the single underscore be used for something else?
You have karaoke now, IAC.  Congrats!  daveA

%}
\version "2.1.32"
\header
{
title = "Warrior's Wedding Song"
composer = "David Raleigh Arnold"
piece = "David Raleigh Arnold"
poet = "\it \Large adagio"
tagline = "\center \copyright2004 David Raleigh Arnold"
}

\include "english.ly" %

melody = \notes {
   \time 3/4 \key e \major
\partial 4 b4
e'2 fs'4
af'2 e'4
r2 \bar "|."
   }
harmony = \notes {
   \time 3/4 \key e \major
   \transpose e, e {
s4
cs'2 cs'4
c'2 c'4
r2

text = \lyrics {
the_
keen_ and_
bright,_ and_

   }

accompaniment = \chords {
\partial 4 s4
a:maj7+9 s s % this chord is supposed to be an A9maj7 or Amaj9
             % or Amaj7add9 or Amaj79.  Instead it becomes an Amaj7/9,
             % which is bogus.  The ninth is not the bass
             % note.  I have never seen a ChordNameSeparator anywhere
             % before and hope never to see one again.
             % It can be set to a space { }.  Still a bug.
fs:9-5/as s s  % this chord should be an F#9(b5)/a#
                % It is not an add9, the 7th is present.
                % How to get it?  It sounds very close, but
                % the printed name is way off.  Something is
                % wrong with -5,5- I think.  Reversed?  Is it
                % so gnarly it confuses developers too?
s s
   }

\score  { <<