Re: How should 'programming error' messages be tracked

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How should 'programming error' messages be tracked
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:05:08 +0100

Please always tell what LilyPond version you use.
A "programming error" is a bug, per definition, so in principle
you should always send a message to address@hidden when you
see such output from LilyPond. However, it is very common to get
there "programming errors", at least in the so-called stable version
so you could just ignore it.

    /Mats

Edward Sanford Sutton, III wrote:
I get a lot of 'programming error: Infinity or NaN encountered while converting Real number; setting to zero. (Continuing; crossing fingers)' messages sometimes in the Chompin piece I've been typesetting. I think it could be related to grace notes when they are in some tight measures, but the error doesn't state what measures the problems occur in or where in the lily file they relate to. Running with --verbose leaves the 'programming error' messages as they were, but brings out other details (and warnings) related to other parts of the processing. I would be grateful for any advice and I'll provide any other desired details if necessary.
Thanks again,
Ed Sutton

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing