Re: headers with lilypond-book II

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: headers with lilypond-book II
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:42:22 +0100

I haven't found this irritating enough to really try to dig into the
problem before, but now I have submitted a solution to the CVS
archive, to be included in the next release version.

If you want the fix but otherwise stick to your current LilyPond
version, download the latest version of the file (as text) from
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/lilypond/lilypond/tex/titledefs.tex
and save it in /usr/share/lilypond/2.*/tex/
(or wherever LilyPond is installed on your machine).
You may want to first rename the existing titledefs.tex file
to  titledefs.tex.orig, to be on the safe side.

   /Mats

Roland Goretzki wrote:
Hello list, hello Mats,

You wrote:

The TeX command that typesets the titles also resets the
definition of mustmakelilypondtitle{}, so if you want
another title in the same file, you have to repeat
\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{}
before every new score.

Even that I'd tried before, but

If you get a warning or error when running LaTeX, just press

at the error message

    ! LaTeX Error: There's no line here to end.

I did'nt go on ...

'R' and RETURN and the output will look OK.

Thanks! :)

Okay, this works, but it is a lot of work, if I want to put many little
scores in the lilypond-book.

And exact this is, what I want:
Many little scores in a book.

So at every latex-process I've to give the 'R' and RETURN very often
- too often, I think. :-(

Isn't there a better solution?

Another NEW problem is the distance from the headers to the music:

There are a lot of page-breaks in the book, and the short musicpieces
don't have the same shortness, so the headers are sometimes in a good
looking distance and sometimes far away from the corresponding scores.

What can I do?

Hopeful                 Roland

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing