Re: vertical spacing of articulations and tuplet indications

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: vertical spacing of articulations and tuplet indications
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:11:50 +0100

You can easily adjust the vertical location yourself by
changing the property called padding on the TupletBracket
object and/or the Script object. If you search the mailing
list archives, you can find lots of examples on the syntax to
set the padding property of different objects.

  /Mats

Matthew Easton wrote:
I just started playing with Lilypond a few days ago and it's a gas. I find it much more intuitive than Finale, which I've also recently spent some time with.

A problem spacing articulations and triplet indications. Not sure if this is a bug report, a feature request, or a plea for assistance developing a tweak. The case is a drum part with 2 "voices" on a single staff. The "+" and "o" of closed and open hi-hat, as well as manually added articulations are too close vertically to the triplet number and brace. Is there a way to manually adjust the height of the triplet or the articulations? Which should go on the outside? I couldn't find an unambiguous illustration of this in a published score at hand.

You can see an illustration at http://sublunar.com/example.png

Is it my imagination? The 3rd triplet group in the first measure actually seems to pull the "3" in closer to the beam compared to the first triplet group.

In measure 2, I manually added articulations to the snare drum note. I see that with manual indications, the triplets behave exactly the same as with the hi-hat.
Thanks for a great piece of software.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems