Re: Line / page breaks

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Line / page breaks
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:35:46 +0100

As a complement to what we discussed some days ago, here is how I
managed to give everybody his own score of the cantata.

Since I don't manage to deal correctly with Latex neither with
lilypond-book, and the emacs lilypond-mode is self-sufficient for a
pdf output and the midis that will be burned (after having doubled
the ad hoc voice with full volume piano and the minimum listenable
for the others) for chorists' homework, I decided to deal with
includes and therefore have split according to the needs:
One file per party and per nature (notes and texts) for each
movement of the work.

Those will be called to in a group's file for each movement and then
brought together in a group's full score.

======================
HOW DISTRIBUTION GOT SPLITTED
======================

Each file contains :
1       prefix caracter
x       caracters corresponding to the nature
1or2    suffix caracters when needed (distinction Soloist / Choir)

Prefix  Means
------          -----
0               whole work, or used everywhere
1               first movement
2               second movement
3               third movement
4               fourth movement

Suffix  Means
------          -----
M               Musique -notes- (preceded by "S" for soloist or "C" for choir)
T               Text (preceded by "S" for soloist or "C" for choir)
1 or 2  first or second instrument in a group
S               line breaks (Saut de ligne) for a group paper output
none    generating the desired ouput of the considered movement

Nature  Means
------          -----
Cello           violoncello (or continuo)
defs            particular definitions created for the output (eg. P sub.)
Flute           instrumental flute
Gambe   alto, à défaut viola di gamba
Global  key, time signature, tempi and rehearsal marks
Midi            for midi output (disconnected from paper)
Papier  paper specifications (common and movement number)
Voix            singers (grouping choir and soloists)
Alt             alti singers
Bas             bassi singers
Sop             soprani singers
Ten             tenori singers

I have quite a lot of files (87), I do agree, but it is much more
convenient to deal with the layout, and one correction can be
easily located. I must point out that all those file are in a
standalone directory.