Re: getting latest in Debian Sarge

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: getting latest in Debian Sarge
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:05:47 -0700

address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

I am using Debian linux (testing / Sarge) and lilypond 2.1.0-2 and am
wondering how easy it is to upgrade the lilypond package to 2.1.xx with
the links given on the lilypond web site.  Are there any dependency
issues when upgrading lilypond with a version outside of the standard
Debian testing sources?  I am assuming that the simple addition of an
apt source is all that is needed.
I don't think you will have a problem. I used to run a mixed Debian system and didn't usually have trouble running packages meant for unstable. To be sure do:

apt-get -s install lilypond lilypond-doc

first.

Paul Scott