Re: Multiple tunes on a page HOW-TO?

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Multiple tunes on a page HOW-TO?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:14:19 +0000

At 11:55 AM 3/26/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Contra dance bands typically play the same short tune over and over (20-40
times wouldn't be unusual). They'll often combine a medley of two or three
tunes. What the preferred way of producing a single piece of paper with two
or three tunes? Reading about lilypond-book seems to indicate that it's
primarily used to produce snippets of music within mostly text books. What
we're producing is closer to a book of songs, with stuff like a table of
contents and index, but mostly individual tunes.

>What do most folks use to produce something like this? My next guess is
just importing the individual tune .pdf files into a word-processing or
page-layout program.

>Any suggestions? Thanks for all your thoughts.
>
>-Kevin

Plain-old LilyPond can put multiple tunes on a page.  Just do several

\score{  etc. }

in a row and they'll be typset one after the other.  You may find, however,
that the extra control you get using lilypond-book (and LaTeX) may be what
you want.  Don't let the "snippets of music within mostly text" fool you.
Quite often, lilypond-book is used because it provides more flexible
controls for texts and spacing, etc. for pieces which are "just" music.

-David