Cygwin / Win 2000 problems

From: Bostjan Kuzman
Subject: Cygwin / Win 2000 problems
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:17:32 +0200

I have a working installation of Cygwin & Lilypond under Win XP.

I' ve installed it in the same way on another computer under Win 2000, but
it doesn't work correctly.
When I click on the Cygwin icon, bash shell opens with line "bash-2.05$" and
doesn't log me on with my windows user name as the other machine does.
Consequently, I can't run commands like lilypond, latex, dir..., though some
commands work ('help' for instance).

On Cygwin FAQ I found something about Cygwin having problems with spaces in
Win logon name (which was the case in my username), but the information
there was inadequate for me to solve the problem. If I simply created
another user with a name without spaces and tried to run cygwin then, it
didn't help.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Bostjan