Re: variable stave distances in piano-staves

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: variable stave distances in piano-staves
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:22:07 +0200

Search the mailing list archives, exactly the same problem
was discussed some month ago.

  /Mats

Roland Goretzki wrote:
Hello,

globaly I can set the distance between the two staves of piano-staves with:

    \context {
      \PianoStaffContext
      \override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance = #number
    }

My question:
Is there a possibility to change the distances localy during a score?

I couldn't find in the documentation, wether this is definitively
impossible.

AFAIK it is convenient to take small distances, where only little space
between the staves is used, and to take large distances, where a lot of
space is used (e.g. for many ledger lines or textmarkups etc.).

Best Regards           Roland

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems