Re: Post-Cadenza Music

From: Will Oram
Subject: Re: Post-Cadenza Music
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:26:46 -0500

I basically did as you suggested (although DevNull -> Devnull). \theCadenza went into a separate file which was then \included in solo and accompaniment.

The results are indescribable. Here is a sample page: http://spamguy.cwru.edu/misc/images/violink.jpg

To summarise: the cadenza printed, followed by the tutti solo part WITHOUT accompaniment, followed by the garbage shown above, followed by a few bars of empty space, followed by the properly metred post-cadenza accompaniment part. The garbage you see are stray snippets of the cadenza; my guess is that they are all the places where polyphony occurs in the cadenza, but broken up into separate staffs. The two lines at top are OK; they mark the end of solo.ly.

It all reminds me of Stravinsky.