Re: bugs.ly

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: bugs.ly
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:21:16 +0200

On Thursday 25 March 2004 12.29, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > I'm just curious: Does this book say that \chords c^3 and \chords c
> > should be typeset identically? (in that case i'll just do a dirty
> > workaround in my music).
>
> c^3 is just a plain fifth. Since that doesn't have a traditional harmonic
> function, I suppose it doesn't qualify as chord.

OK, another example: In regression/chord-name-entry.ly, there is a chord
c:7^5. Which IMHO should be considered a chord, but when writing the chord
name, it is written as a plain C7. Does anyone know about any standard
notation for this chord?

(and in the piece I was typesetting, my c^3 was IMHO a "real" chord..
harmonically it was a subdominant, but we removed the 3rd to make it sound
more neutral and less outstanding. But never mind.)

Erik