Re: spacing of midstaff-clef-symbol

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: spacing of midstaff-clef-symbol
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:47:54 +0200

Hello list, hello Mats,

You wrote:

> This is a workaround but it would be much better if LilyPond did
> the right thing directly.

Yes, it is a workaround, and I agree with You. :-)

> Could you please send a small example illustrating the problem (to the
> mailing list, of course).

But it's not VERY small, of course. ;-)

In the attachment there are two source files now:

    goodex.ly
    badex.ly

Furthermore two .ps files:

    goodex.ps
    badex.ps

The goodex* contain my solutions.

Both examples contain the same notes. There are four clef changes
in both examples, and this seems good to demonstrate, what I mean,
when I say, that the spacing is not good.

The second clef change (last line, end of bar 32) was that, for which I
wanted another solution, and I think, everybody can understand me on one
view.

The first clef change (end of line two, between the sixths and sevenths
note from the left hand in bar 32), is according to my oppinion much
better in the goodex.

The last two clef changes (bar 34) were not necessary at all, but I
think, they are a little bit more fine in goodex.

I hope, it is a good demonstration! :)

The main problem is, as far as I can see, the spacing BEFORE the clef at
the clef change.

The spacing AFTER the clef was not good in earlier lilypond versions,
but is now nearly good. :)

Thank You for Your attention and

Best Regards           Roland