Re: Problem with lilypond installation...

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Problem with lilypond installation...
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 20:35:36 +0000

Terve Ilkka,

First, this question should really be on the lilypond-user list (and I'm
posting this there as well).  If you are not subscribed to that list I
recommend it.  That list is for advice on use and installation.

Now, your question:

>I tried to install the new lilypond to fedora core 1 but I got error
>message as follow:
>error: Failed dependencies:
>        tetex is needed by lilypond-2.2.0-1
>        tetex-dvips is needed by lilypond-2.2.0-1
>        tetex-latex is needed by lilypond-2.2.0-1
>
>What is wrong? I am new with this fedora....

LilyPond needs the above programs in order to work.  It creates *.tex files
for use by TeX and LaTeX (tetex and tetext-latex) and uses DVIPS
(tetex-dvips) to create PostScript output from the TeX output. I don't know
the RedHat Fedora distribution (I'm using RedHat 9) but I would expect
Fedora to have these packages available.  Check to be sure you have them
installed.  If not, install them and try again with LilyPond.

Good luck,

David