MIDI output, just checking

From: Darius Blasband
Subject: MIDI output, just checking
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:49:08 +0200

Hello list,

I still use a version 2.03, and it works really well. I'm a bit reluctant to
move to the latest version, as my source is crippled with m4 macros
up to a point where convert.ly cannot be used.

However, I now encountered an annoying problem. I understand that
it is unlikely to be corrected in the old version I'm using; I just wondered
whether it was in the more recent ones, so that it might be a good incentive
to upgrade.

Apparently, when generating MIDI output with more than 16 staffs, the
content of the 17th and beyond is totally bogus. It really seems to be a
Lilypond issue, as the problem persists no matter how the MIDI file
is handled afterwards (played directly, imported into Cubase, etc...)

Is there a 16 more or less hard-coded limit there ?

P.S.:  I understand that there has been quite a few messages about MIDI
         output, please excuse me if I missed the one that answered my
         question.