Re: Difficulties to start

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Difficulties to start
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:17:44 +0200

I don't have a SUSE distribution myself, but if you search our
mailing list archives http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/
for "SUSE 9", you will find that SUSE probably did some kind of
error when they packaged LilyPond.

I hope someone else on the list has some hands-on experience with
the SUSE package and can provide some workaround.

   /Mats

Hans Peter Beer wrote:
Hi All,

I am a very newbie in using linux (suse 9.0). I wanted to print shiny scores with lilypond 1.8.1 from the Suse-distribution. I typed a test-file and tried to run ly2dvi -p test.ly, but the machine replied : Traceback (most recent call last); File "usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 194, in?
import lilylib as ly
Import Eror: No module named lilylib

Can anybody help me and tell me what went wrong?

Please do not answer too laconic because I am really an absolute beginner with linux.

Kind regards

Hans-Peter Beer

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing