Re: lyqi

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: lyqi
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:02:52 -0700

Ferenc Wagner wrote:

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

Don't forget about the quick-note-insert mode (lyqi) in
Emacs.  It provides a good bunch of things, can even
transpose and relativise parts.
I had never heard of this before.  I just looked and don't
know where to find it in the manual.  Is it there?

Probably not.  It should be part of the Emacs mode, but it's
maintained separately.

It does have one or two problems when the default language
is English - sharp and flat are reversed and I don't a
quick way to cancel a flat.

Hmm, it works for me.  I use version 0.2.4 from
http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lilypond/lyqi.html
With language english and octaves relative 'e' gives me a sharp ('s') and 'i' gives me a flat ('f'). Since 'is' is sharp and 'es' is flat in several languages that seems reversed.
What key do you use to cancel a flat or sharp?

I just downloaded it following instructions on his web site but now I see I *do* have an earlier version. Examining that lisp code the error is clear but I will install a newer version and see what happens.

Ok I see that I haven't correctly installed the newer version which indeed does have this bug fixed.

Thanks,

Paul