Making Large-Print Music Again

From: Ruven Gottlieb
Subject: Making Large-Print Music Again
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:35:06 -0400

Hi,

I'm using Lilypond 2.2.0. I want to be able to put two piano systems on each landscaped 11" x 8.5" sheet at 60pt. so one thing I have to do squash down all the space in the titling areas, page numbers, headers, footers, etc. so I can have a relatively large title close to the first system.

I want to make template files I can add to a score to get the settings for large-print, or revert to the defaults for regular print.

I see there is a file called titledefs.tex in /usr/share/lilypond/2.2.0/tex/

I don't want to hack on that if I can help it, rather I'd like to be able to have lilypond use one I specify, or the equivalent Right Thing.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I don't understand how to include a file to fiddle with the titling in my scores. What's the proper thing to do?

By the way, the output is terrific even at 60pt. I did figure out how to increase the thickness of the staff lines a bit.

Thanks,

Ruven Gottlieb