Re: font names, interline spaces

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: font names, interline spaces
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:11:25 +0000

At 12:05 AM 4/12/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>address@hidden writes:
>> >
>> > As the above rpms don't include an ecb10.tmf file.
>>
>> Yeah, I've been getting this too:
>>
>> warning: kpathsea can not find TFM file: `ecbi8'
>> warning: can't find font: `ecbi8'
>> warning: Loading default font
>>
>> I've been laying low, figuring that a fix was in the works.  I'm on
>> current CVS (ChangeLog 1.2084) and it's still doing the above, plus the
>> markup texts and measure numbers are still nearly microscopic.
>
>Can you cvs up, and replace the sauter-fonts package with the ec-fonts
>package (from the same url)?

Yeah, font warnings are gone (after running texhash).  Also, the markups
and measure numbers are no longer in the realm of nano-print.

A couple of things, though:

When installing the ec-fonts package it complained about needing mftrace
(which I have).  Was that because I compiled mftrace from a tarball rather
than installing from an RPM?

Now when I do login I get:

dirname: too few arguments
Try `dirname --help' for more information.
bash
#

This happened immediately after I did the above RPM installation and Lily
compile.  Does this have anything to do with the updated lilypond-profile.sh?

With the ec fonts being used the input for non-US-ASCII characters has
changed.  I used to do

_markup{\large \italic "pi\\`u" \dynamic "f"}

This now results in a pair of ',,' being superimposed on the bottom of the
'u'.  Now I must do:

_markup{\large \italic "pi\char249 " \dynamic "f"}

The space between 249 and " is necessary or the "f" crashes into the "piu".

Question: Will convert-ly take care of this sort of thing for pre-ec *.ly
files? I would think probably not.

-David