Re: Making Large-Print Music Again

From: Ruven Gottlieb
Subject: Re: Making Large-Print Music Again
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:44:14 -0400

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Ferenc Wagner wrote:

Ruven Gottlieb <address@hidden> writes:

I see there is a file called titledefs.tex in
/usr/share/lilypond/2.2.0/tex/

I don't want to hack on that if I can help it, rather I'd
like to be able to have lilypond use one I specify, or the
equivalent Right Thing.

The TEXMF environmental variable is set in lilypond-profile
or lilypond-login.  Change it to your liking.  Well, maybe
setting TEXINPUTS to a directory of yours is enough.

Yes, try setting TEXINPUTS to
your/own/directory:
Note the colon at the end, which tells TeX to look also in the
default paths (but first look in your own directory).

OK, the 2.x manual says lilypond-profile and lilypond-login are located in buildscripts/out/ . Neither the Fedora Core 1 distribution nor the source dist contain these scripts or this directory. Are they created during make? I tried to configure/make the source, but I got an error message:

ERROR: Please install required programs: echo no guile-config >= 1.6 (installed:)

I have guile 1.6 installed.

I think the titling layout ought to be more accessible and configurable, optimally some sort of template that can be included or referenced on a per-score basis. Not only for my large print project, but for different title layouts too.

I'm doing popular music where you want to have something like:

                         Title
Tempo                                              Music by:
                                                   Lyrics by:

                       Copyright

Thanks,

Ruven G.