Re: Making Large-Print Music Again

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Making Large-Print Music Again
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:20:09 +0200

Ruven Gottlieb wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Ferenc Wagner wrote:

Ruven Gottlieb <address@hidden> writes:

I see there is a file called titledefs.tex in
/usr/share/lilypond/2.2.0/tex/

I don't want to hack on that if I can help it, rather I'd
like to be able to have lilypond use one I specify, or the
equivalent Right Thing.

The TEXMF environmental variable is set in lilypond-profile
or lilypond-login.  Change it to your liking.  Well, maybe
setting TEXINPUTS to a directory of yours is enough.

Yes, try setting TEXINPUTS to
your/own/directory:
Note the colon at the end, which tells TeX to look also in the
default paths (but first look in your own directory).

OK, the 2.x manual says lilypond-profile and lilypond-login are located in buildscripts/out/ . Neither the Fedora Core 1 distribution nor the source dist contain these scripts or this directory. Are they created during make?

The idea of setting TEXINPUTS is that you don't have to do any
changes at all to the system wide lilypond-profile file. Instead,
you just set TEXINPUTS in your own ~/.profile.
(For the record, the files are created during make and are probably
installed in /etc/profile.d/ on your machine).

> I tried to configure/make the source, but I got an error
message:

ERROR: Please install required programs: echo no guile-config >= 1.6 (installed:)

I have guile 1.6 installed.

You probably need a package named something like guile-devel that
contains the include files and lib files to be used at compile time.

I think the titling layout ought to be more accessible and configurable, optimally some sort of template that can be included or referenced on a per-score basis. Not only for my large print project, but for different title layouts too.

The lilypond script is only intended to give a decent layout for
normal cases. If you want more freedom to adjust titling and page
layout, I recommend to use lilypond-book instead.

    /Mats