Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup

From: Oddgeir Finstad
Subject: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup
Date: 17 Apr 2004 14:21:13 +0200

I'm quite new to LilyPond, very new to this mailing list and not too
proficient with computers in general.

Still I have so far managed to produce a number of scores and
midi-files, mainly for my own practice, and have found solutions to
upcoming problems on the way by searching the documentation.

However, when it comes to lyrics, it's more or less game over for me.
(What I believe to be) standard LaTex encoding only produces a long list
of error messages. I have gone through it and tried to do the
correctings suggested to my input, and have finally managed to get some
dvi/pdf output. The result is rather peculiar, though.

By browsing a bit through the archives of this list I have eventually
understood that LaTex might not be the thing. So what IS the thing,
actually?

An example .ly file with Scandinavian lyrics would probably be the
easiest way out for me. Or maybe a table with instructions of how to
type the actual letters? Or some relevant pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Oddgeir Finstad