Re: Verses with Different Rhythms

From: Jean Connelly
Subject: Re: Verses with Different Rhythms
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:14:48 -0400

Regarding:

> It seems that you use version 2.2, which includes new support
> for exactly this situation with different number of syllables
> in different verses, using the ignoreMelismata property.

Unfortunately, as I added verses to the piece, I'd add more ties and then
I'd have to go back through all of the other verses and add
ignoreMelimata's in the right places (because there were some places that
I wanted the melisma behavior, so I kept turning it off and on).  I
quickly realized that it is easier to just throw in \skip 's into the
Lyrics and and set ignoreMelismata for the whole piece.

Thanks for the help!
Jean