[ot] making patches (was: abc2ly and beams)

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: [ot] making patches (was: abc2ly and beams)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:50:08 +0200

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 08:14:19PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Next time, please send a unified diff, see
> http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/

Small hint on diffing: I typically have two directories: project (the
original sources), and project.local (a copy, probably locally modified).

So, I cd to project.local, edit here and there, build, test, make clean,
and finally do a quick diff -rq ../project . to see what I've changed
(and what object files, executables, etc. didn't have been nuked by make
clean), and finally a diff -rNup ../project . > ../project.diffs.

[Note that this is only valid for GNU diff]

Ciao,
        Kili

--
It compiles -- let's ship it!