Re: Can'T compile lily 2.2.0

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Can'T compile lily 2.2.0
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:56:55 +0200

Jan Kohnert writes:

>> address@hidden:~> tex --version
>> TeX (Web2C 7.3.7) 3.14159
>> kpathsea version 3.3.7

> Nobody answered since Jan's questions. Is there a way of solving that
> problem???

Sorry.  You might have gotten more helpful help sooner, if you had
included a slightly less brief error log.  I would have realised that
it is *mftrace* that needs the encoding file.

Also, I still think that you should just upgrade tetex.  You replied
to my question about your tetex version by showing the versions of the
tex and mf executables, which is something completely different.

If you need help with that, include iformation about your operating
system and distribution.

If upgrading is difficult for your operating system, you can possibly
postpone and work around a tetex upgrade by `making' the PFAs using
the download trick:

    make -C mf get-pfa

you need to install the program RPM2CPIO; which I think is only
available for Red Hat and -like Linux distributions, Debian GNU/Linux
and Cygwin.  You can do the similar trick manually, by getting the
Debian binary package (which can be unpacked on most any system using
AR and TAR).

Good luck,
Jan.