Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:34:12 +0200

Mats Bengtsson writes:

> Weird! Can you compile that following LaTeX file?

Sorry, ignore this, Twas a cut and paste problem.

> -----------------------------------
> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
>
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
>
> \begin{document}
> Han fører dødens så går
> \end{document}

Yes, both are fine.

> The problem is the syntax of latexpackages. We need a syntax where we
> can add individual options to each package. If you try to use the
> package fontenc and add the option 'T1' using latexoptions, the option
> will be included as an option to \documentclass and LaTeX will give
> errors since the option is unknown to all packages but fontenc.
> I don't have any good suggestion for the syntax. Possibly, we could do
> something like
> latexpackages = "[T1]fontenc, [swedish]babel"

Yes, all kinds of stuff is possible.  Would it not be better to just use

   latexpackages = "fontenc, babel"

and introduce:

   latexcommands = "\\fontencoding{T1}\\language{swedish}"

etc?  We're just looking for something simple, I think, that does not
require editing the lilypond.py output.  What about inputencoding?
lilypond.py now sets latin1, that seems silly?

Jan.