Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Scandinavian letters in lyrics and text markup
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:04:38 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
The problem is the syntax of latexpackages. We need a syntax where we
can add individual options to each package. If you try to use the
package fontenc and add the option 'T1' using latexoptions, the option
will be included as an option to \documentclass and LaTeX will give
errors since the option is unknown to all packages but fontenc.
I don't have any good suggestion for the syntax. Possibly, we could do
something like
latexpackages = "[T1]fontenc, [swedish]babel"

Yes, all kinds of stuff is possible.  Would it not be better to just use

   latexpackages = "fontenc, babel"

and introduce:

   latexcommands = "\\fontencoding{T1}\\language{swedish}"

Sure, but then we could just as well have
latexcommands = "\\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}\\usepackage[swedish]{babel}"
and skip latexpackages.

I'm sure there are packages where not every package option can be
easily set by a separate command, but it's not necessary to
cope with those for the moment.

etc?  We're just looking for something simple, I think, that does not
require editing the lilypond.py output.  What about inputencoding?
lilypond.py now sets latin1, that seems silly?

No, otherwise you cannot use åäöüßø in the .ly file.

    /Mats