flats in ancient notation?

From: Andrew Hankinson
Subject: flats in ancient notation?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:05:06 -0300

Hi all,

I just started with Lilypond and was wondering if this is possible: I'm currently entering a some music in gregorian neumes (from the 1947 ed. Liber Usualis)

Often flats are given a few notes before the actual sounding pitch, but I can't seem to find the code to actually insert a flat sign. The problem with putting it with the actual note is that it everything gets smushed together and it looks horrible.

Any suggestions? I'm running Lilypond 2.0.1 on OS X (fink install.) I tried the newer versions but they broke on my system (10.3.3 on a G4)

Many thanks,

Andrew