Re: Cygwin/LilyPond2.2.0-1 download problem

From: Fodor Bertalan
Subject: Re: Cygwin/LilyPond2.2.0-1 download problem
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:14:49 +0200 (CEST)

For quota reasons I had to delete lilypond packages from my personal
homepage. But they are now available at cygwin mirrors.

Make sure that you have only one mirror selected.

AFAIK Cygwin has a setup log in which it looks at what packages to
install. (Comparing this with setup.ini downloaded from the cygwin
page)

> on changing from "Keep" to
> the file it showed me a lesser version than that shown as the current
> version.
Seems that cygwin thinks that you have a the current version installed.
But you could have a "Reinstall" option (but that will not reinstall
dependent packages)

> And, finally, I now get the multiple python/cygwin invalid page notices
when
> running Lily.  You say you have a work-around for this?
In 2.2.0 I made a workaround in the double-click enabler script:
/bin/lily-wins was renamed to lily-wins.py
and made a new lily-wins file with the following contents:

#!/bin/sh
/bin/lily-wins.py $1

I hope I could help. I will be away in the following 10 days, I'll be able
to respond to problems after then.

Bert