Re: Composed time signature

From: Ruud van Silfhout
Subject: Re: Composed time signature
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:09:37 +0200

This is a problem I have had very often . There are two solutions to this
problem:
1. make a separate noMarkup, markup statement and change the text attribute
    of the TimeSignature, as shown below.

  noteMarkup = \markup \number { \musicglyph #"timesig-C2/2" \column < "3"
"2" > }
  noMarkup = \markup { "" }
  \score {
      \context Voice = one \notes \relative c'' {
        \override Staff.TimeSignature #'print-function = #Text_item::print
        \override Staff.TimeSignature   #'text = #noteMarkup
        \time 2/2
        \partial 2
        \key as \major
         c2 f,4 bes2 es,4 as2 g4 f es2 c4  es4 |
        \override Staff.TimeSignature #'text = #noMarkup
        \time 3/2 f2 g2 as4 g \time 2/2 f2 es4 des f1  \bar ":|" \break
      }

2. replace the #'text = #noMarkup by #'print-function = #'(), so the
noMarkup is not needed.
    I did not test this, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

But I would prefer a solution that is built into lilypond to cope with
composed time signatures.
I already have made a specification for it and as soon as I have some other
work finished
I would like to contribute this functionality to the lilypond project. ;-)

Regards,
Ruud van Silfhout