Re: bar collisions and triplets

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: bar collisions and triplets
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 07:28:17 -0400

On Monday 03 May 2004 15:33, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Steve Shorter <address@hidden> writes:
> > On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 10:50:33AM -0400, Steve Shorter wrote:
> >> Howdy!
> >>
> >>    I have some triplets at the end of the bar and the
> >> "bracket/brace" outlining the triplet collides with the barline.
> >> How can I shift the barline or deal with this.?
> >>

> >>    d2~ times 2/3 {d4 d8~} |
> >
> >     Awesome! Lilypond is so UNIXie. Thats why its so good.
> >
> >     If I just create another voice fill it with notes
> > to space out the bar line so the tuple bracket falls so it doesn't
> > collide, then turn of printing of the notes/stems, it works
> > perfect!
> >
> >     Freedom means there is more than one way. Gotta love UNIX.
>
> One more way: use spaces notes (s) in that separate voice.

"Spacer" rests do that now?  Great!  They never used to take any
horizontal space, only time, which is why they were better called
silent rests.  Glad to hear that changed.  daveA

--
Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,