Re: paging at piano-music for four hands

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: paging at piano-music for four hands
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 10:15:31 +0200

Unfortunately, there's no good support for this feature at the moment.
I'm afraid you have to insert line breaks (\break) and page breaks
(\newpage) manually. To mix the pages, I would typeset the two
parts after each other and then use a postscript tool such as
psselect to rearrange the pages.

Is it common practice to always break every line at the same bar in the
two parts or is it enough to break the pages?

   /Mats

Roland Goretzki wrote:
Hello,

I'm using lilypond version 2.2.0.

My question:

Are there routines to generate a usefull paging at piano music for four
hands?

I couldn't find anything about this in the documentation, sorry ... :-(

A detailed look at mutopia couldn't help, because there are only music
for four hands, which have only one page or less for each player ... :-(

I'm thinking about something like this:
(paper format A4 vertical to each page, for practical reasons the
graphic is shorter, ;-)

 ______________________________________ ______________________________________
| page 1                               |                               page 2 |
|               Secondo                |                Primo                 |
|                                      |                                      |
| bar1 bar2 bar3 baaaar4 baar5 baaaar6 | bar1 bar2 bar3 baaaar4 baar5 baaaar6 |
|                                      |                                      |
| baaaaaaaaar7 baaaaaaaar8 baaaaaaaar9 | baaaaaaaaar7 baaaaaaaar8 baaaaaaaar9 |
|                                      |                                      |
| bar10 bar11 bar12 baaaaaaaar13 bar14 | bar10 bar11 bar12 baaaaaaaar13 bar14 |
|                                      |                                      |
| baaaaaaar15 baaaar16 baaaaar17 bar18 | baaaaaaar15 baaaar16 baaaaar17 bar18 |
|______________________________________|______________________________________|

 ______________________________________ ______________________________________
| page 3                               |                               page 4 |
|               Secondo                |                Primo                 |
|                                      |                                      |
| baaaaaaaar19 bar20 baaaar21 baaaar22 | baaaaaaaar19 bar20 baaaar21 baaaar22 |
|                                      |                                      |
| baaaaaaaaaar23 bar24 bar25 baaaaar26 | baaaaaaaaaar23 bar24 bar25 baaaaar26 |
|                                      |                                      |
| baaaaaar27 bar28 baar29 baaaaaaaar30 | baaaaaar27 bar28 baar29 baaaaaaaar30 |
|                                      |                                      |
| baaar31 baaaar32 baaaaar33 baaaaar34 | baaar31 baaaar32 baaaaar33 baaaaar34 |
|______________________________________|______________________________________|

... and so on ...

Can somebody help me, please?

Best Regards           Roland