Re: problems when installing Lilypond on windows

From: Ulrich Vollert
Subject: Re: problems when installing Lilypond on windows
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 15:51:30 +0200

Hi Bert,

On Thu, 6 May 2004 11:50:53 +0200 "Bertalan Fodor"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> What is the other TeX you have? I use MikTex along with Cygwin tetex
> and have no problems.

I use fpTeX (Win32-Web2c, also called: teTeX für Windows), more
information at http://www.fptex.org

This is part of the so-called TeXLive-Distribution by the German
TeX-organisation (www.dante.de)

> Type the command set (in cygwin) and ensure there is no TeX-related
> settings that points to your other version of TeX.

Thank you for your help.

There is an environment variable under Windows called TEXMFCNF which
points to C:\Programme\TeXLive\texmf-var\web2c.

When hiding this variable to cygwin by unsetting it in /etc/profile in
cygwin by

        unset TEXMFCNF

the problem is solved.

I still have the "double-clicking" problem:

If I double-click on .ly file in my c:\cygwin\home\Ulrich in the
Explorer under Windows, a cygwin-bash window is opened and the result
is shown as PDF...fine.

But if I double-click on a .ly file on the Windows desktop, a
cygwin-bash windows opens shortly and nothing happens.

Regards,

Ulrich