Re: Font substitutions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Font substitutions
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 17:02:32 +0200

Doug Asherman wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:

 > Doug Asherman wrote:
 >
 >> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
 >>
>>> Since LilyPond uses low-level TeX commands to select the font, make sure
 >>> that it works in a LaTeX file similar to the following one:
 >>>
 >> [ code snippet deleted ]
 >>

 >> Thanks; that does seem to be the problem, or at least part of it.
 >> Perhaps I'm not creating all the font elements correctly.
 >

 > Rather, I would guess that you don't specify the same font name
 > as you get when you use the font in LaTeX. Try to figure out exactly
 > what font file is selected when you use the font in LaTeX (I hope I
 > remember correctly that it worked well in LaTeX).

Ok. The commands:

\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{bco}

and

\font\myfont = bcor8r scaled 1000

seem to be equivalent; that is, they both give me the same font when I run pdflatex on .tex file.

What happens when you run latex + dvips + ps2pdf? That's the
route that's used in LilyPond. Once you have the correct setup
with map files so this works, I guess it will work within
LilyPond scores as well.

So, shouldn't

\context {
  \LyricsContext
  \override LyricText #'font-name = #"bcor8r"
}

give me the same font?

Yes, that's the idea.

   /Mats