Re: cross-staff arpeggios

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: cross-staff arpeggios
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:25:20 -0500

Jan-

I must admit that I hadn't tried it; I assumed the user guide was correct (or that my interpretation of its meaning was correct). The piece is very large, with lots of 32nd notes, so I've been concentrating on the basics before trying to make it pretty.

I've already discovered I can't include an \acciaccatura { } before 32nds without confusing the midi timing (and possibly some internal spacing algorithms). I've found that an \acciaccatura {af16, af'} <af c gf>\arpeggio needs tweaking because
the 16th bar/bracket covers the upper af' , etc.

Since your note suggests that switching the property should work, I'll try it.

Thanks much.

Stan